People with purely functional favour have to treat graph in a distinct way from the normal literature. That's the motivation of pushing guys to generate the following works:
- functional graph algorithms with depth-first search
- graph algorithm lazy functional programming language
- inductive graphs and functional graph algorithms
- purely functional data structures
- graph algorithms with a functional flavour
`Graph algorithms have long been a challenge to program in a pure functional language. Previous attempts have either tended to be unreadable, or have failed to achieve standard asymptotic complexity measures.'